Sunday, July 21, 2013

Melt in your mouth venison cube steak

This afternoon I wanted to get creative in the kitchen. My grandfather gave me a huge box of frozen venison that needs to get eaten before hunting season and I chose the cube steak to thaw out. I had a random can of Amy's organic chunky soup that was unappealing as is, but made a fantastic cooking medium and so I hatched a plan. I combined the soup, pasta sauce garlic, cube steak and pink salt in a baking dish and added some parmesan cheese foiled it and baked it for 3 hours at 300 degrees. It was so soft and good. Next time I want to use the Wolfgang Puck roasted red pepper tomato  soup instead. That soup has a killer flavor and it's great with meat.

I took the leftover liquid and poured it into the small crockpot with a little extra salt and enough baby carrots to soak it up. I'll probably ignore it on low for 6 plus hours. They'll be great for work tomorrow with the leftover steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment