Saturday, August 10, 2013

Silk Mocha Iced Coffee review

As I mentioned in a previous post, I need caffeine. I was delighted to see that Silk made a coffee and their entire line is gluten free and GMO free. I had (in the long long ago) tried the International Delight iced coffee and found it very distasteful. That experience almost stopped me from coughing up $4.99 to try the soy cousin. I'm happy I did. It's not a powerfully flavored beverage, it is much thinner then the ID milk based one and I tried with and without ice and I enjoyed it best without. It is like they took chocolate soy milk and the longer it touched your tongue  the stronger the pleasant coffee aftertaste was. Nutritionally it's on the sugary side, so I stick to the one cup serving size. 100 calories, 1gr fat, 45 mg sodium, 22 carbs, 1 gr dietary fiber, 20 grams of sugar :( and 2 of protein. I am not sure of the caffeine content, however the first ingredient is coffee extract which I would assume is concentrated coffee reconstituted so it at the very least gives my brain a delicious placebo
I'd love to know what other people think about this product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment